This is a comprehensive review of every claim decided by the FORUM from January 1, 2020, to June 30, 2020. There were a total of 738 Decisions (as compared to 1,364 Decisions at WIPO), decided by 59 different Panelists (as compared to 105 at WIPO). Of those 738 Decisions, 654 (89%) were by Default where the Domain Investor failed to Respond to the Claim, all of which were transferred to the Claimant. These Domainers are all “cybersquatters” in my mind.
Of the 84 Claims where a Response was filed, 51 were transferred and 33 denied. The percentage of denials (39%) is extremely low, even when a Response has been filed. However, those Domain Investors who opted for a 3-person panel were rewarded. There were seven 3-person panels decided during the past 6 months, and only 1 of them transferred the domain name to the Claimant. So, the moral of this story is if you have a valuable domain that is worth protecting, get a 3-person panel and pick your panelist wisely. Interestingly enough, not one decision found abuse of the process with an RDNH.
Here are the Panelists who have consistently ordered the transfer of the domain name to the Complainant. If you have a choice, be careful with these:
PANELISTS MOST FRIENDLY TO COMPLAINANTS
11. JAMES BRIDGEMAN – 2 Transfers
10. ADAM TAYLOR – 2 Transfers
9. JOHN UPCHURCH – 2 Transfers
8. PETTER RINDFORTH – 2 Transfers
7. EDUARDO MACHADO – 2 Transfers
6. CHARLES KEUTCHENMEISTER – 2 Transfers – 1 Denial
5. DAVID MIRANDA – 2 Transfers – 1 Denial
4. KENDALL REED – 2 Transfers
3. LARS KARNOE – 3 Transfers
2. HON. NEIL BROWN – 3 Transfers – 3 Denials
1. LYNDA BRAUN – 3 Transfers
Watch for my next blog which will examine the Panelists who are more Respondent friendly and have Denied complaints.
The Neu Facebook
Pingback: FIRST COMPREHENSIVE SEMI-ANNUAL FORUM REPORT - NameBloggers